Kanji Ke Vade
- 1 kg - Urad dal.
- 2 small pc - Hing (Asafetida)
- 3 tsp - Salt
- 4 tsp - Rai (finely ground)
- 2 tsp - Red chilies (pounded)
- 6 jugs - Water
- Oil for deep-frying
- Whole red chilies for garnishing
- Soak urad dal overnight and grind to a fine paste.
- Whisk it very well so that the mixture is fluffy.
- Heat oil well in a deep frying pan.
- Slide some mixture flattened to the shape of round one-inch
vadas, one by one into the oil, and deep fry to a golden brown
- Keep a tawa on the fire and put the crystals of hing on it.
- Take a matka (an earthenware pot) and as soon as the hing emits
the aroma, turn it upside down on the tawa.
- Take it off the fire and fill it with warm water.
- Mix the rai, salt, red chili powder and whole red chilies into
- The fried vadas are now put into the matka.
- Cover the top of the matka is covered with a clean muslin cloth
tie it securely.
- Leave the matka in the sun for eight days, only in daytime.
- Makes about 1 Kg.
|Contact Our Tour Planner|
* Mandatory fields